Introducing the New ET200SP CPUs
These new CPUs are the first CPUs in the “ET200SP” form factor, meaning the ET200SP is no longer just a remote IO system – it can now also be used as a standalone control system, or as a distributed control system, when needed! The following two CPUs have been released:
- CPU 1510SP-1PN
Article No.: 6ES7510-1DJ00-0AB0
- CPU 1512SP-1PN
Article No.: 6ES7512-1DK00-0AB0
These CPUs come with three integrated Ethernet ports (two Ethernet connection ports can be optionally selected by means of bus adapters as a cost-saving benefit). They feature the same functionalities as the CPU 1511/CPU 1513 of the S7-1500 controller system: integrated trace function, Web server, and fully symbolic programming. They can also be configured as interface modules with iDevice functionality.
Key benefits of these modular controllers include power, flexibility, scalability, compact size, and an attractive price point.
- CPU1510SP/1512SP are “similar” to the CPU1511/1513. Main differences are ET200SP CPUs have slightly less memory/speed, but offer 3x PROFINET ports, 64 modules per station, and a compact form factor.
- The ET200SP form factor is very small, and includes a three-port switch onboard. It’s ideal for 1) smaller, standalone applications with ET200SP IO, and 2) use as “distributed controllers” downstream of a larger controller to perform fast, local control, enabling a very fast, modular system layout.
Other product highlights:
- Station width up to 1m, or 64 modules
- Same quantity framework and functionality as S7-1500 CPU 1511-1 PN and CPU 1513-1 PN
- PROFINET IRT
- PROFINET interface with three-port switch (1xRJ45, 2 x via bus adapter (RJ45 or FC))
- IO controller for up to 128 IO-Devices
- Shared Device for up to four controllers
- Open Ethernet communication (TCP/IP, UDP, Iso-on-TCP)
- Web-server functionality for information, status, and diagnosis
- Optional lower-level PROFIBUS DP via CM DP module as DP-Master for 125 DP slaves
- Configuration control (options handling)
- Security Integrated
- Integrated system diagnostics
- Integrated technology
- Trace function
To see a short video on the new SIMATIC ET 200SP IO module family, you can go here.Have an Inquiry for Siemens about this article? Click Here >>