Standard, fail-safe CPUs simplify setup.
The CPU 1518-4 PN/DP ODK Standard and Fail-safe controllers employ advanced firmware that simplifies setup while offering an improved cam editor and an integrated Web server. The two high-end controllers are both based on the innovated firmware version V2.0 of the SIMATIC S7-1500 controller.
· Configuration limits and functionality of CPU 1518(F)-4 PN/DP with a runtime environment for C/C++ code in the standard component on the CPU
· Integration of control functions and applications implemented in C/C++ via Open Development Kit (SIMATIC ODK 1500S)
· Using the SIMATIC Target 1500STM for Simulink(R), C/C++ code for the CPU 1518(F)-4 PN/DP ODK can be automatically created from Simulink models.
· Three PROFINET interfaces (X1 with 2-port switch, X2 with 1 port and X3 with 1 port)
· PROFIBUS DP interface
· Shared device for up to 4 controllers
· Media redundancy with MRP and MRPD
· Open Ethernet communication (TCP/IP, UDP, Iso-on-TCP, Secure OUC and DNS)
· OPC UA server (data access) – (Runtime license required)
· Web server functionality for information, status and diagnostics, online backup options
· Display for status and diagnostics, online backup options
· Security Integrated
· Integrated technology
· Integrated system diagnostics
· Trace function (display also via the Web server
The integrated Web server enables a CPU to be monitored and managed by a web browser without STEP 7. Authorized users can observe, evaluate, diagnose and make changes via a network, even over long distances. Technology alarms and the current values of technology objects can be displayed on standard pages in the web server. Variables (such as parameters of technology objects, and system and user variables) of a SIMATIC CPU can be recorded with the trace and logic analyzer function, stored on the device, and displayed via the web server.
Have an Inquiry for Siemens about this article? Click Here >>