Enhanced controllers increase speed, leverage existing software.
The SIMATIC S7-1500 Advanced Controller product portfolio has been expanded to include several Technology CPUs (T-CPUs) that provide more processing power yet still run existing software. The new models are the SIMATIC CPU 1511T PN, CPU 1515T PN, CPU 1517T PN/DP and CPU 1517TF PN/DP. These CPUs are released with TIA Portal V14 and firmware version 2.0.
Configuration editors integrated in STEP 7 facilitate easy configuration of the motion control functionality and connection of drives to the CPU. In accordance with PLCopen, standardized motion control instructions handle the technological functions in the user program.
Programs created for standard CPUs (including motion control) can be installed and run in SIMATIC S7-1500 T-CPUs without any changes.
· Scalable product portfolio
· Scalable performance
· Integrated technology functions with expanded motion control functions
· Motion control and safety functionalities on one CPU
· Security Integrated
· Innovative design and handling
· Integrated system diagnostics
Motion control functions
The standard and fail-safe SIMATIC S7-1500 CPUs support the following motion control technology objects:
• Speed-controlled axes
• Positioning axes
• Synchronous axes (relative synchronous operation with synchronization without specification of the synchronous position, setpoint coupling)
• External encoders
• Output cams (new as of FW V2.0)
• Cam track (new as of FW V2.0)
• Measuring inputs (new as of FW V2.0)
In addition to the above-mentioned functionalities, the new technology CPUs of the SIMATIC S7-1500 offer advanced motion control functions such as support of external encoders (up to 4) and a user friendly cam editor for camming motion application.
An innovative, user-friendly cam editor is available as standard in STEP 7 Professional. It can be used to change the design and analyze the cam disks. The cam disks (distance-related dependency between leading and following axes) are created from the elements of the curve by means of a position diagram or table.Have an Inquiry for Siemens about this article? Click Here >>