PROFISafe spans entire line; firmware is upgraded
The existing product portfolio of the compact, modular SIMATIC S7-1200 controllers together with CPU firmware version 4.2 has been functionally innovated and extended. In addition to innovations from this firmware revision derived from the standard CPU portfolio of the S7-1200, PROFISafe has been consistently implemented for all S7-1200 FC CPUs.
The existing fail-safe S7-1200 CPU portfolio has also been expanded with an additional CPU type, CPU 1212FC. Similar to the standard S7-1212C, the fail-safe version can be expanded with up to two signal modules.
SIMATIC S7-1200 applications already developed, based on V4 CPU, can be easily expanded with the corresponding fail-safe signal modules with the fail-safe SIMATIC S7-1200 CPUs. The fail-safe CPU 1212 FC integrates itself into existing SIMATIC S7-1200 applications similar to a CPU 1214 FC or CPU 1215 FC.
CPU 1212 FC DC/DC/Rly and CPU 1212 FC DC/DC/DC
· Integrated PROFINET
– PROFINET controller
– PROFINET iDevice
· Extended user memory
– 100 KB RAM
– 2MB load memory
– 10 KB retentive data
· 85 ns execution time for boolean operations
· Integrated standard I/O
– 2 integrated analog inputs
– 8 integrated digital inputs
– 6 integrated digital outputs
– Integrated HSC (High Speed Counter) – with up to 100 kHZ
– Integrated PTO (Pulse Train output) for controlling stepper motors
· Firmware update via PROFINET port
· Real-time clock power reserve typically 20 days
· Temperature range 0 °C to +55 °C