The fail-safe SIMATIC S7-1200 portfolio with the CPU 1214 FC, CPU 1215 FC, the fail-safe S7-1200 signal modules, and the Engineering SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety Basic V13 SP1 have been released for delivery.
The new fail-safe CPU 1214 FC and CPU 1215 FC will expand the product portfolio of compact and modular SIMATIC S7-1200 controllers with fail-safe modules. The market segment of compact controllers is now served for the first time with a controller for standard and fail-safe applications.
Existing SIMATIC S7-1200 applications based on V4 CPUs can easily be expanded with the fail-safe SIMATIC S7-1200 CPUs and the associated fail-safe signal modules. The associated fail-safe I/O modules: the fail-safe input signal module SM 1226 F-DI 16 x 24VDC, and the two fail-safe output signal modules SM 1226 F-DQ 4 x 24VDC and SM 1226 F-DQ 2 x Relay, are also available.
The S7-1200F Controller is a single controller for standard and safety-related automation in the micro PLC market segment.
SIMATIC Safety Integrated
This is a safety-integrated solution for everything from micro PLCs to PLCs with the highest demand, including PC-based and wireless solutions and more.
Key benefits of the S7-1200F include:
- Compact, powerful, cost-effective modular system with a scalable CPU range and expandable I/O
- Investment protection through compatibility
- Savings in design time
- Reduced downtime
- Faster documentation
- Faster throughput
SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety Basic V13 SP1
The TIA Portal option package SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety Basic V13 SPI includes many new engineering functions and supports the portfolio of fail-safe S7-1200 controllers. Key attributes include:
- Support of the fail-safe S7-1200 controllers CPU 1214, CPU 1215 FC, and the fail-safe S7-1200 signal modules
- Use of the STEP 7 V13 SP1 programming editor and hardware configuration (i.e., know-how of standard programming can also be used for safety)
- S7-1200 UDTs for fail-safe data types
- Functional signature for revision tracking down to the block level
- Logbook for change history of the F user program
- Run times of the fail-safe run-time groups can be interrogated
- Use of ready-made and certified F-application blocks
- Creation of a report in compliance with the standard across all safety parameters and the safety program
- Achievable SIL 3 in compliance with IEC 61508 2nd Edition/PL e to ISO 13489
Note: for the configuration of the fail-safe S7-1200 signal modules, the HSP0145 is required.
For more detailed information on this new release, contact your local Siemens representative.Have an Inquiry for Siemens about this article? Click Here >>