Innovations in the Siemens SINAMICS S120 drive system expand its capabilities to the new booksize motor module series that provides a range of 3 to 30 Amps with overload capabilities of 300%. The SINAMICS S120 drive system is available in blocksize, booksize and chassis formats as well as cabinet units.
The updated booksize C/D types require less electrical cabinet space, offering a narrower width for discontinuous applications, dimensioned according to the maximum current. Migrating from the previous motor modules to the new D-type motor modules can reduce the width of the booksize lineup. If a maximum current of 90 A is required briefly, , the new 30 A Single motor module (100 mm) can be used instead of a 45 A Single motor module (150 mm). If a maximum current of 54 A is required, an 18 A Double motor module (100 mm) can replace two 30 A Single motor modules (2 x 100 mm).
The drive height has also been reduced by integrating the motor plug connectors into the drive.
The line also boasts simplified handling. Features include:
- Improved arrangement and accessibility of the motor plug connector
- Fast and simple wiring. Choices include prefabricated MOTION-CONNECT power cables and MOTION-CONNECT power cables with conductor end sleeves and two motor plug connector versions.
- The fan can be replaced without having to remove the motor module.
The SINAMICS S120 drive system now features additional enhancements that provide increased ruggedness.
- Reliable shield concept: reinforced shield plate for the widest range of conductor cross-sections with improved shield support
- Optimized structural design: improved thermal separation between power semiconductors and electronics
- Solid mounting plate, extremely rugged fixing lugs.
For more information go to: http://www.usa.siemens.com/motioncontrolHave an Inquiry for Siemens about this article? Click Here >>