The Service Pack 1 for SINETPLAN V1.0 is now available for delivery. SINETPLAN, the Siemens Network Planner, calculates and simulates the network load in a PROFINET network and shows critical points where the network load is too high. In addition, it simulates the network load of real-time data (real-time communication between I/O controllers and I/O devices) as well as of non-real-time communication caused, for example, by standard Ethernet nodes.
The result? Users get transparency and an overview of the network load of the planned network prior to installation and commissioning. If the Siemens Network Planner shows critical network sections, they can easily redesign and restart the simulation.
In this way, the planned network can be optimized, utilization of network resources maximized, or reserves planned. Last but not least, potential problems are already visible and can be remedied— whereas subsequent rework during commissioning or even productive operation would result in significantly higher costs. With SINETPLAN, it’s easy to increase production availability and operational security right from the start.
New features with SINETPLAN V1.0 SP1 include:
- Import and simulation of existing TIA Portal projects (V14 SP1)
- Enhancement of the product catalog with new device descriptions
- Usage of user-specific data rates
- Support of Windows 10
SINETPLAN V1.0 SP1 provides:
- Network optimization via calculation of the network load down to the port level
- Transparency through import and simulation of existing TIA Portal / STEP 7 projects
- Validation of compliance with planning requirements
- Comprehensive reporting function of the planned network design
- Increased production availability via online scan and verification of existing systems
For more information on SINETPLAN, you can go here.Have an Inquiry for Siemens about this article? Click Here >>