The SITOP PSU8600 modular power supply system, which set the standard for flexibility, efficiency, and connectivity, has now become an uninterruptible power supply. The SITOP PSU8600 already buffers power outages of up to 20 seconds. With the addition of the UPS8600 UPS and BAT8600 battery modules, the power supply can now bridge power interruptions ranging from minutes to hours. Customers get reliable power delivery along with real-time diagnostics and configurability.
The SITOP PSU8600 is designed to help OEMs deliver machines more easily, more economically, and faster than ever. The modular architecture lets OEMs choose the components they need to serve the application, and the System Clip Link connection system links them together with no additional wiring. Even the most compact base units of the SITOP PSU8600 modular power supply system operate at up to 94% efficiency, with a choice of up to four outputs that can be selectively monitored for excess current.
The SITOP PSU8600 features built-in connectivity via an integrated Ethernet/PROFINET interface, as well as over OPC UA. This supports cloud connectivity and complete integration with Siemens Totally Integrated Automation (TIA). The built-in connectivity supports easy integration of diagnostics information with the controls layers like SIMATIC, SIMOTION, and SINUMERIK. Data also can be ported to the cloud, for example for use in MindSphere.
The addition of the UPS8600 and BAT8600 modules increases resilience and gives OEMs even more options when specifying their systems:
- Customers can choose between lead-acid and lithium iron phosphate technology.
- For facilities with high reliability requirements, the system can incorporate up to five battery modules.
- The charging capacity is adjustable to power supply systems with rated power of 480 W and 960 W.
Other key benefits include
- Remote On/Off contact to prevent unnecessary discharging of energy storage in case of operational interruptions (e.g. breaks, end of work)
- Prioritization of charging mode before regular plant operation to ensure sufficiently charged energy storage when starting plant operation
- “Start from battery” function to enable startup of the power supply system (insular operation) without being connected to the mains
- Adjustable buffer time limit to prevent unnecessary discharging of energy storage in case of longer power failures
- Energy Storage Link to automatically detect BAT8600 battery modules and determine charge status